Sunday, May 14, 2006

Is There Anybody in There?

I took a drive to Westchester to buy mom her Mother's Day gift. I took a quick side trip up to the Kensico Reservoir. I haven't been up there since last year.

I was pleased to see that the repairs on Rye Bridge were finished, and you can now access those areas, including the spot where I broke my ankle 10 years ago.

There were few cars parked by entrances into the reservoir. No idea if they fished from shore or went out on a boat.

Having a boat in a reservoir is useful. It lets you go out further and cast in deeper water and reach places where you can't reach from shore. I thought about getting a boat for Kensico, but I gradually lost interest in it. I don't visit the area that much, and it would seem like a hassle keeping up with the permits and worrying if someone will steal it.

Driving back, I noticed a sign that reads that the Bronx River Parkway will be closed on Sunday between 10 AM and 2 PM for bicycle traffic. So I have to plan my visit accordingly.