Monday, May 17, 2010

But It Was Only Fantasy


My losing streak continues. On Friday afternoon, I returned to Hudson Park. I wanted to try something. Many fishermen often rely on solunar calendars, which chart the phases of the moon. The In-Fisherman's solunar calendar (linked above) reported that the best day to fish was on Friday, when a new moon appeared. There's no astrology or voodoo involved, but the fish seem to be more active when there's a new or a full moon based on how it affects the Earth.

In my case, it didn't work out. I didn't even get a single bite. No one else I saw fishing caught anything either. So I guess it's not just me.

I picked up one dozen bloodworms from Jack's. They were out of fresh bunker. I decided to use all three lines to maximize coverage and increase my chances of catching something.

But nothing.