Monday, November 03, 2008

Can You See Your Days Blighted By Darkness?

Today, I returned to Five Islands Park in New Rochelle. I was eager to try the area for the third straight time since conditions seemed perfect. It was a beautiful overcast day. The temperature was mild. There was no wind, and the water was still.

Unfortunately, I didn't catch anything.

I bought some clam bait at Jack's. I started fishing at 12:30, about an hour before high tide. I did manage one bite. Since the park closes at dusk, I stopped fishing at 4:45 PM.

Another fisherman, who was using a lure and fished in different spots, came over to talk to me. He said he didn't have any luck either. I guess there's no point coming back here until spring.

I would like to try the Hudson River in Riverdale a couple of times before shutting down for the winter.