Friday, October 31, 2008

And Everything Under the Sun

Today, I made my second trip to Five Islands Park in New Rochelle. Jack's didn't have any fresh bunker. Instead, I bought two cups of unfrozen clams.

I got to the dock around 10:45 AM, about 90 minutes or so before hide tide. It was a bright, sunny day with a slight breeze. The temperature was perfect. I used three poles.

Like last time, I didn't catch anything. But unlike last time, I did have a few bites.

I tried my usual tricks: reeling in the lines to draw attention to the bait, checking the bait and recasting the lines, and replacing the bait. I guess the fish weren't really hungry or already in hibernation.

I stayed until 5:15 or so. I passed the time listening to my pocket radio and smoking a cigar.

Still, it was a nice day, and the experience was quite pleasant.

I'm glad I went.