Sunday, June 25, 2006

Taking a Break

No fishing today.

The weather forecast calls for heavy downpours with the possibility of thunder storms. High tide in Dobbs Ferry was in the morning.

I also have a slight sore throat, and my back acted up in the past few days.

Anyway, I have major freelance writing opportunity, which I have to submit to an interested Texas newspaper tomorrow morning.

On Friday and Saturday, I went to two different Sports Authority stores, one in Yonkers and one in White Plains, and stocked up on fishing supplies. (The one in Yonkers didn't seem to have much.)

I bought a big, new Plano gray tackle box. My old tackle box, also a Plano, needed to be retired. It also couldn't hold everything I use these days. I also bought different types of hooks (snelled and unsnelled), some new test line, three packs of two-ounce sinkers, a pair of pliers, and a few lures and jigs.

The Sports Authority didn't carry the fish finders and snap swivels I usually use, so I have to pick those up at Jack's.

I need to experiment with different techniques if I want to catch more (and different types) of fish.

I have the first week in July off, so I hope to get in lots of fishing in a few different places.