Saturday, May 19, 2007

I Knew the Waiting Had Begun


After last week's success, I decided to try Hudson Park again. It was overcast, and the temperature was in the low 50s.

The bait shop didn't have any fresh bunker. I got two frozen bunker instead. The nice lady told me that they would thaw quicky if I put them in salt water while they were still in the bags. I also got a dozen worms.

I started fishing around 12:45, about 90 minutes or so before high tide. It started to drizzle. It was cold. I wished I brought my jacket. At times, the wind blew hard, knocking over my poles several times.

I tried the worms first but had no luck. At 1:15, I was able to switch to bunker.

When the rain got worse, I took refuge in the car.

I had three bites but nothing hooked. I recast the lines several times and changed the bait once, but I didn't catch anything.

I asked an old fisherman who was on the other side of the lot if he had any luck. He said no.

I guess it wasn't our day. Around 4 PM, I gave up.